Thursday, July 22, 2010

Full Screen or Minimized – Which One Is It?

I’m referring to Firefox.  Today I figured out something, that I’m not sure is applicable to everyone, but it sure is interesting and even convenient! 

So what did I do? I hit F11 in Firefox to go into Full screen mode.  Now on my laptop touchpad I configured some shortcuts – each corner has a shortcut.  For example: the top left corner pops up the Start Menu, while the top right restores down windows.  And that’s what I tapped – the top right corner.  This caused Firefox to look like this:

Fullscreen minimized

















As you can see there are no bars on the sides or bottom and ones the cursor moves away from the window the search bar and tabs hide away too.  It’s a nice way to view the web without the rest of the “junk” in your browser sometimes.  Now I have a lot of add-ons which is what I’m referring to when I say “junk”. It’s really not junk and I only have it because I use it, but I don’t use each of them all the time and certainly not all at once.  When all you want to do is freely browse the web it’s nice to have a simple interface.

I’m not sure if it’s a glitch in Firefox or if it’s well-known, so if you can do this too, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment