Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Getting Personal With Pandora

Today I decided to listen to Pandora, instead of my usual Grooveshark. I rarely listen to Pandora because of the ads that interrupt the music, which I'm not a big fan of. I don't mind screen ads, but, all of a sudden, when I start hearing a man speaking to me from my speakers telling me about a new U.S. Cellular plan, I get confused!





But today I was pleasantly surprised! For a while now, Pandora has been integrating with Facebook, whether it was sharing a song on your Wall or accessing your "Favorites". I didn't use this feature before, but I must say... I like it! This is what Facebook Integration is all about! When I put information on Facebook and then connect a service to it, I don't want to input the same information again into that service. Some may feel they don't want to allow services to access their Facebook information, so then don't let it. But when I do allow services to connect to my Facebook account, I expect it to benefit me in some way. Pandora did just that.
 


So where is Pandora getting this info? Right here! And that's all they use. Sure they have access to more of your info, but what are they going to do with it? For the best web experience, Facebook can be a huge asset if you thoroughly fill out your information in your profile. I'm honestly not real concerned about someone knowing my interests, sex or age. They can get the same information off yellowbook.com. Really. Look up your parents!  

No comments:

Post a Comment