Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Google Buzz Is Going Away


If you hadn't heard yet, Google has decided to put the lid on Google Buzz. My reaction?

Finally!

Photographers are Flocking to Google BuzzImage by Thomas Hawk via FlickrI thought Google Buzz was pretty useless... most people didn't even know it existed or used it. And if they did, "use it", they never checked it and it filled up their Gmail inbox with useless "updates", unless they changed the default settings.

But with that said, I think the reason Google Buzz failed so miserably is it didn't have a good enough foundation. Which is why Google+ has succeeded—because it had a foundation. However, I would like some of the Google Buzz features in Google+ such as pulling feeds from my blog(s), Twitter, etc. Google, if you do this, don't make it default! Please! Learn from your mistakes! And I think they have... or so I'm lead to believe.

My thoughts are that this wouldn't be a separate tab like it is at the moment, but it would just be integrated into your profile stream. Again, if Google would do this right they would make this option available, but not by default. How might they do this? By, say, automatically publishing all blog posts from Blogger, YouTube or other Google products. No. That's not the way to go about it, but I think I've gotten my thoughts across! 

Now it's time for what you think! Would you like some of the features of Google Buzz in Google+ such as the ones I mentioned above?
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. I think this is a nice move by the Google.. Google Buzz failed to compete twitter and moreover it had many drawbacks as you mentioned in your article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex,


    Thanks for your take on it. I'd have to agree with you. Thanks for checking out my blog; I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete