- Launch a central Facebook Page at facebook.com/socialjobs that hosts resources and content designed to help job seekers and employers. Facebook will launch public service announcements on Facebook to promote the Page in the 10 states with the highest unemployment rate, as well as Puerto Rico, which has an unemployment rate of 16 percent.
- Conduct an in-depth survey research about the ways in which job seekers, college career centers, and workforce recruiters are using the social web.
- Explore and develop systems where new job postings can be delivered virally through Facebook at no charge.
- Promote existing government programs and resources for job hunters.
- Distribute educational materials about leveraging the power of the social web to recruiters, government agencies, and job seekers.
What are your thoughts on this?